Cobwebs and spiders? Monster dust bunnies? Mad science experiments growing in your breakroom fridge? If your office or business is getting a little scary this Halloween, it may be time to call in the professionals to deep clean and excise your dirt demons! In this blog we breakdown six forgotten spaces that harbor gross germs and grime.
- Light switches – Light switches are high contact areas, so that means germs. Lots of germs. Germs that you touch every time you turn the light on or off.
- Keyboards – Keyboards are the collectors of crumbs, dirt, and dust. Inevitably, spills happen and try as you might, they’re hard to clean. Sodas and coffee become sticky, trapping germs and bacteria.
- Computer Mouse – Your mouse is a germ magnet. Think about everything you touch on the way to your desk and how many times a day you touch your mouse.
- Phones – Yep, your desk phone also collects germs and grime. It collects oil, makeup, and dead skin, and then gets hung up to incubate those germs till its next use. Oh, and mobile phones aren’t off the hook, either. About one third of all cell phones are thought to be contaminated with fecal matter.
- Vending Machine Buttons – Food for thought. You're not just selecting the snack from the B3 slot, you’re also touching the button after everyone else who likes B3 touched it, too.
- Water fountains – Where are water fountains usually located? Right outside restrooms. Thirty three percent of people are estimated to not wash their hands after using the restroom.
Scary, right? You don’t have to be scared this Halloween season – just call a professional janitorial service to tackle these office terrors and other germs in your workplace!